Rugged Earth Adventures COVID-19 Safety Precautions
Rugged Earth Adventures will be reopening from Tuesday 14 July 2020 . We will be implementing a host of additional measures in accordance with government guidelines.
Please see below a full breakdown of all our safety procedures for your chosen activity and visit to Rugged Earth. The health and safety of our guests and staff is always our first and last concern.
All activity sessions, nerf parties, day camp, and bushcraft parties must be pre booked on our website or by telephone.
- Government guidelines on symptoms and self isolating etc must be adhered to before booking any activity.
- If guests or their family members display any symptoms of COVID-19 they must postpone their visit.
- All guests agree to adhere to strict guidelines on maintaining a safe distance between each other and to maintain good hygiene practices including using hand sanitiser stations located throughout our site.
- A refund may be issued if cancellation is due to symptoms of COVID-19 but this is down to the discretion of R E Adventures Ltd.
- There will be a clearly marked 2-way queue for drop off and pick up. Waiting areas will be marked and REA staff will be present to collect and guide your child into our camp area (from the office) to limit people on site.
- You will be asked to confirm your contact details and childrens details when dropping off and picking up. It will be a contactless system and only REA staff will touch the signing in equipment.
- There will only be one party at Rugged Earth taking part in activities at a time. This gives us time to ensure all areas have been cleaned for the next party.
- There will be a cordoned off waiting area for new arrivals on site and Rugged Earth staff will pick up new arrivals. This will be outside the Rugged Earth Office.
- Numbers for all activities will be reduced and each party will have two dedicated staff members throughout. Please see your relevant activity page for details.
- Camp Days we offer a drop and go facility only.
- Nerf and Bushcraft Parties. We strongly recommend that parents drop and go. Although up to 6 parents including the hosts may stay on site, there will be a seating area provided. The Garden Centre cafe will be open for the remaining parents who wish to wait on site.
- Additional members of staff will be on duty. Each staff member will have had safety training and be fully aware of our cleaning and safety methods.
- Extra hand wash stations will be on site and each guest will be briefed to use them throughout the day at certain intervals such as toilet breaks, lunch breaks and activity changes.
- Where possible, we will maintain a 1m distance. However, in the event of a first aid incident the staff will have to administer first aid, therefore breaching the 1m distance.
All Activity Safety Guidelines
- Equipment – each guest will be issued equipment such as a Nerf blaster for the duration of the activities. No other child will be able to use this and once finished with, will be placed into a pot for sterilising and cleaning by our staff.
- You may not bring your own Nerf blasters or bushcraft equipment.
- Glasses – each guest will be issued a set of safety glasses for the whole day. No other child will be able to use these and once finished with, will be placed into a pot for sterilising and cleaning by the staff.
- Masks – each guest will be issued either a multi cam or jungle cam mask for the whole day. No other child will be able to use these and once finish with, will be placed into a pot for sterilising and cleaning by the staff. These will distinguish the different teams for the games.
- Numbered Kit Tubs – each guest will be issued an individually numbered tub for their own sole use throughout the day. This will be for the guest’s individual items such as backpacks, water bottles, pack lunches etc. These will be clearly numbered. At the end of the day the staff will sterilise and clean these for future use.
- Seating zone – each guest will be issued an individual seating zone, with a 1m distance to any other guest, for their breaks and/or lunch. At the end of the day the staff will sterilise and clean these for future use.
- The Battlefield will be divided into team zones from which each team will remain and battle the other teams. There will be a series of new games to best utilize this procedure.
- Only one guest will be able to use the dart refill box at a time for loading. At the end of each game, the darts will be picked up, placed into a pot for sterilising and cleaning by the staff. Fresh darts will then be introduced.
- At the end of each activity, children will be required to use hand sanitiser or wash their hands.
- All guests will be briefed to stay 2 steps away from each barricade to limit the touching in high frequent areas.
- Where possible guests will be briefed to stay 1m away from each other during the games, or as we use during Nerf games, 5 steps.
- The re-spawn or power boards will be a non-touch, clearly marked area where one guest can go in at any one time to get their power or life back once they have been shot during the Nerf tag games.
- Guns – as above guests will be issued a blaster for the duration of the games. No other child will be able to use this and once finished with, will be placed into a pot for sterilising and cleaning by our staff.
- Each child will be issued an area for completing the tasks such as shelter building and snare making. This will limit cross contamination and keep 1m distance.
- Demonstrations will be shown by the staff at a 2m (or more) distance.
- Any help or guidance needed from a staff member will be given either from distance or asking the guest to distance from the snare/shelter.
- Any equipment used during the traps and snares such as the paracord string will be placed into a pot for sterilising and cleaning for reuse.
Team Building/Wide Games
- We will be offering a selection of wide games which will keep 1m distancing. Games include Simon Says, Horse Racing, individual obstacle course, blind man’s trail and minefield.
- The blackout goggles will be issued and then placed into a tub for sterilising and cleaning by the staff.
- None of the games will include any form of contact, ensuring we maintain the 1m distance.
Campfire Cooking & Catering
- Day Camps: We are asking all guests to bring their own packed lunch & drink. Rugged Earth will provide extra water breaks throughout the day.
- Parties: Sadly, we will not be able to offer group cooking around the campfire.. However, the meal will be prepared by our kitchen team in the same way and will include; campfire sausages in a roll with ketchup or bbq sauce, crisps and an individual snack bowl containing 4 chocolate snacks. All dietary requirements, given notice, can be catered for. All food will be pre-prepped in a clean environment.
- Please do not bring any extra food for party guests.
- Birthday cake – we recommend not bringing a large cake but individually wrapped cupcakes. Candles are allowed but cannot be blown out on a large cake that is being distributed. We are recommending sparklers in this instance!
If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us via:
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone – 07460 333050